Employment-Based and
Family-Based Immigration Law

Chile Designated in Visa Waiver Program

Beginning May 1, 2014, Nationals of Chile will be allowed to enter the United States without a visa through a program called the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Chile joins 37 other participating countries in the VWP which allows travelers to enter the United States without a visa for up to a 90 day period for business or tourism. To enter without a visa, Chileans must have a valid passport and a pre-approved application through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

Remember, the visa-less program is only for those seeking to enter the United States for business and pleasure for up to 90 days. Other types of work visas such as H-1B1, L-1 visas, O visas, or student visas (F-1) or fiancé visas (K-1),  still requires you to obtain that specific visa in your passport. For more information, please call The Ponce Law Office, we’ll be happy to answer your questions.

To apply for the ESTA, click here.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.